Search This Blog

Happy Children

Happy Children
Children at Dhapo Colony Slum

Monday, September 05, 2016

Happy Teachers' Day

Happy Teachers' Day
On the teachers' day, the only teacher coming to my mind is Pandit ji (Government Primary School, Kataila Village, Ghazipur). What I am today is because of solid foundation of primary school teachers. There were 4 teachers in my primary school and all of them were wonderful person. Many childhood friends could not study after primary school because there were not upper primary schools in my village.
I was not the best student in my class/ school but I could do better because my parents decided to send me to a school far away from my home/ village but my other friends could not get that opportunity. An opportunity to get access to school can be a great change maker in a life of a child. At least I can see from my own experience.
I can still see many villages do not have upper primary school and I can still see many children not completing even 8 years of school.
India is full of talent and the talents are in villages. They are being unused/ wasted just because we are not able to send these children to school.
I wish every child get access to 14 years of schooling in India.

Shaheen Ansari
05/09/2016

No comments: